Thursday, July 7, 2016

June 27






Where did June go?? 

This week was pretty good! We have been working with lots of less actives and trying to get them to come to church.  There are about 15 families that are less actives with 2 that are active in a particular area. The reason being is because they used to have a branch that met really close to them, but for some reason, it was shut down.  Anyway, we have been working a lot in Odem, and this little town is full of miracles!  Odem is my favorite just because everyone knows each other, and one of my favorite members live there.  Well, turns out this week that Brother Garza knew of a less active family that recently had a grandson move in with them because his mom is in really bad health as a result of cancer.  This grandson is from Mexico, so we get to teach him all in Spanish, and he said he wants to get baptized!!! Brother Garza made it so easy too because he taught a lot of the lesson. Hopefully they will be able to come to church next Sunday because this week they went down to Mexico.  It happens all the time...

Also, this week, we were finally able to see the Trevino family.  They are recent converts that haven't answered our phone calls or anything for a long while, but after stopping by there twice in one day, we saw them outside, and Sister Stanfill was a little scared to go talk to them, so I went right ahead.  The next day they didn't come to church still because at the catholic church, they had a service in memory of her dad.  However, after, she said that they could feel the difference between our church and the catholic one.  No matter how much you explain sometimes to people that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been restored, they think they are so wise, and don't even hear us out.  I really do know though, that the same church that Jesus Christ established is the same one today--that it has been restored.  

We found out some pretty big news this week that we are moving to a different apartment complex.  We are going to move on Thursday! Sister Tavares is so sad! We even heard her crying on the phone talking to the senior missionary that told her the news.  I had no idea how much of a toll it would take on her, but at least we can still visit her after we move out.

Another big change is that our new mission president, President Torres is arriving tonight! It is sad to say goodbye to President Maluenda, but I am excited to welcome them in.

Something fun that Sister Stanfill and I did this week was last night, we put on some facials and then we went to the other sister's room and just talked.  Sister Stanfill and I have an awesome relationship. I think I treat her more like my sister than anything else.  We are able to be so open with each other and we always just have a great time.
 Pictures:
One is of a cool lizard I found,
 Me and Sister Montuy (the one I had an exchange with)
 Sister Stanfill and I with her trainer (just visiting the mission)
Huge cockroach I found (biggest one yet)
My hair in a braid (done by Sister Montuy) with pretty flowers we found

Enjoy! Please send me some emails/letters people! You can send mail to 200 W. La Vista Dr, McAllen, TX 78501.

Con amor,
Hermana Findlay

No comments:

Post a Comment