Monday, February 1, 2016

First Week of Transfers



Everyone! I GOT A NEW COMPANION!!!! And she is a native...moved from Mexico to Utah at 6-years-old, and she almost bikes at the same pace I do.  She has been on her mission for about 7 months, and she has already made me such a better missionary in just one week.

The day of transfers was pretty weird though.  We didn't have a transfer meeting, so people just got picked up and dropped off in vans.  My old comp left at around noon, and I didn't see Sister Villatoro until about 7:30 that night.  I was able to go with the office sisters for a few hours, and they had dinner with a white family.  It was such a culture shock!! They had everything set on the table, there was vegetables (yes!!), and they actually ate with us. I kind of forgot about what it was like...Super weird.

We have been working so hard this week!! I absolutely love it.  I believe that's how you enjoy the mission--by working the hardest you can to bless a lot more lives. 

Sis. Villatoro and I are basically starting new in our area because there hasn't been a lot of success in finding people to get baptized, so I am now seeing neighborhoods and areas that I have never seen.  One particular neighborhood that we found is in the middle of nowhere in the middle of all this farm land with orange trees and a bunch of other crops.  Anyway, I am getting really good at looking at a map haha.  But anyway, over there the people are so humble and they always let you come in no matter what. 

We have seen so many miracles this week.  One girl that we talked to even asked if baptism is something we do in our church because her dad really wants to get baptized.  So many miracles!! I honestly think it is because we worked as hard as we possibly could, and then the miracles came.  I love the mission.  I love Sister Villatoro.  We laugh so much together!

Also, my district leader really knows how to have fun...This week, I have gone to Taco P, Whataburger, we've played soccer, and played a really fun dice game all together.

Love you all,
Sister Findlay

I forgot to mention:
I was sitting and teaching a member, and all the sudden her dog brings a rat near the circle, and all I could pay attention to were the crunching of the bones.  So gross!!



No comments:

Post a Comment