Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year




Best thing ever happened yesterday!! 

We got to watch The Secret Life of Pets.  I was literally laughing the whole time.  Maybe it's because I haven't really seen any movies in about 14 months, but it was a real treat.  

As far as the work, this week, my companion, Sister Castro, was pretty sick, so we didn't get to work a whole lot, but we are trying to find those prepared people.  It's weird to be in a place for 5 months on the mission, but I like that I can actually help the people that I meet because I know them more on a personal level.

Unfortunately, Mary and her family didn't come to church this Sunday.  They are having a hard time acting.  We had some pretty good lessons with her this week too! She even said that she knows that this new year could be a fresh start, but she didn't come. We are going to try by next week and give her some time though.  

Our new roommate is awesome!!! She even tried my green smoothie this morning with aloe vera and cactus haha.

Also, I forgot to tell you about the day that we had a flat tire. 


We turned on the car, and as I pulled out of the driveway I saw that there was the low tire pressure sign.  We then went to Firestone.  In the meanwhile, we got a ride from a member to lunch and then to the library for family history.
 

Right as we finished, we were driving down the road with the other sisters because they had to get their brakes checked.  Then, the low tire pressure goes on again.  We get out and realize the tire was deflating pretty quickly.  We turn around and go back to Firestone.  Then, we had to wait another couple hours.  It was soo weird because back in September a similar thing happened.

As far as family history, I got to read a really cool story about my ancestor, who was a pilgram.  Now, I don't remember exactly what it was, but I know that through the examples of my family members, I can be supported no matter what trials I may face.

Love you!
Sister Findlay

No comments:

Post a Comment