Monday, January 16, 2017

I'm going to be popular on the mission


So the reason I put that heading is because this week, I got to work in the office on an exchange.  The sisters that work there just help all the senior missionaries out. 

Anyway, Sister Luque (the sister I was with) was working on a powerpoint to help the senior Elder that figures out bike safety.  Anyway, he wanted to find pictures of missionaries being disobedient on their bikes for examples on what not to do.  Since he couldn't find any pictures of disobedient sister missionaries, I said that we could take pictures during our lunch hour. 

I thought that the PowerPoint would just be at the mission leadership meeting that we have every week, but turns out that this powerpoint is going to be shown to everyone on the mission during zone conference.  Whoops haha.  Oh well, I already know a majority of the missionaries anyway. I had fun taking them too.

On Monday, Sister Castro and I spent out P-day making really yummy Dominican food.  We made tilapia, fried plantains, and okra.  SO SO good.  


Also, that other picture of food was at Sister Jorgenson's house.  She is an awesome member that made us all that food.  She asked us what we wanted and I just said I wanted a healthy meal.  It was definitely healthy, but so so delicious.  Best meal I have had on the mission yet.


Sorry, I feel like I am talking about food a lot, but food has a lot of good memories attached.  This week, also, our roomates and I went out to dinner at a place called wing stop.  We had a lot of fun just talking.  I have made so many good friends here, and it is awesome that they are all really good examples.  

One thing that I started studying about this week is about the previous prophets.  I was reading a book about President Howard W. Hunter. It was amazing to me how his dad wasn't strong in the church and wouldn't let him get baptized until he was 13.

 
 

Love you all! Have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment