Monday, May 23, 2016

"Blessings"



Hello,  

One awesome thing that happened this week was that we all got blessings from President Maluenda.  He is going to leave in about two months, and it is an awesome privilege to get a blessing from him.  I know that the words he said could have only come from my Heavenly Father, as well as all the other blessings I have received.  His blessing was a lot like my patriarchal blessing, and I felt so much love from Heavenly Father during it.  Also, after President was done, we gave all the sisters a hug as well as the elders.  He said he usually does it when the sisters go home, but that "this time it is an exception."

After the interviews, the whole Harlingen zone got together for a pizza party from a place called the Pizzeria.  It was sooo good! We got pizza because the senior couple, the Tracy's, were really impressed with the cleanliness of our apartments :)

This picture is of Sister Sanchez and me, and a lady named Socorro.  It was a referral, so we expected to just do the normal thing--introduce ourselves, share a letter message, and see if she was interested or needed any help.  Instead, she invited us in, we were able to share a message, and she even invited us to eat dinner with her and her husband.  They weren't too interested, but they were so nice to us! It was really a miracle because I was getting really hungry, and I thought I would be having yet another granola bar for dinner.  Also, that is her parrot in the other picture as well.



This picture is one with the Sister Schaffner and I with the afro tree is great.  We got to go down to Brownsville for FHE for the branch, and Elder Clark (a senior missionary) was in charge of it.  While we were waiting for everyone to show up, he took a picture of us attempting to have afros. 



This one is of my district taking a picture with face masks is really great because we all took the challenge from our district leader to buy the strangest thing under $5.  One of the Elders bought those face masks, and we ended up buying fake snowballs.  We had a lot of fun with those too--throwing them at each other after district meeting.  



 

On Saturday, this week, a cop pulled me over.  It was the first time ever that I was pulled over.  Apparently I was going 40 in a 30 mph zone.  Good thing it was just a warning! It was so ironic that the first time I have been pulled over is on the mission!

Love you! Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment