Wednesday, June 1, 2016

"Pack your bags!"

Dear Friends and Family,

You will never guess what happened yesterday.  So, on Monday, we all got together on P-day and our zone leaders announced where we would be going and all of that, so when they announced that my "daughter" (trainee) on the mission was going to stay in her area, we thought for sure that I would stay with her.  However, after they announced my name, they said, "Pack your bags!" and then they said, "You're going to a special meeting."  I thought at first that I would train someone else, but then talking to some elders that usually if you already have trained, you don't go to the meeting again for the same thing.  When they announced that, next thing I knew was Sister Schaffner was balling her eyes out.  Even though I'm not much of a crier, it was a sweet experience to see how much she was going to miss me. A trainer and a trainee relationship is really like a mother daughter relationship.

The next day, on Tuesday, I left early in the morning to drive to McAllen for the meeting.  We ended up having to follow the elders going to McAllen too, so there were three missionary cars following each other.  I didn't have a GPS or anything and the sister that was in the car with me didn't know any of the elder's phone numbers, so after zooming in and out of cars, we were able to catch up to the elders and arrive safely at the chapel.  Good thing they were going fast though, because we made it just in time.  During the meeting, I first found out that I was going to be a Sister Training Leader, but after than, I found out that my really good friend from the Mexico MTC was going to be my companion.  So, now, Sister Stanfill and I get to be companions and we are "white-washing" (new area with new companion) yet again.  Every time I see her, it feels like I am dreaming.  We're both so young on the mission! This morning, I was really happy on our run.  We actually keep the same pace :) It is awesome.  Also, we have a goal to run a half-marathon together after the mission.  Sister Stanfill is from Temecula, and she actually got to volunteer in the San Diego temple before her mission too.  She has 8 siblings and she is number 5.  She is the BEST! We really don't know what we are doing half the time, but we will learn.  Luckily, we have another training meeting tomorrow.  Oh! I forgot to tell you the best part.  I came back up to Corpus Christi and I am in the same ward as I was two transfers ago. Sister Stanfill was here right before me. We just have a different area this time.  This means we have the same splendid members that feed us. 

Last night, we went to the Bower's house (awesome middle-aged couple) and they couldn't believe their eyes to see us again.  We were super excited too.  I love this area, and I am so glad to be back.  It also means that we live with a member again, which means no more laundromats :) (at least for a little bit).  

The mission is making me stretch so much! Hopefully I can be a good leader by being humble and relying on the Lord.  I know He knows what's up haha.

I'm really glad that we got to play soccer before I left together as a district because we all got super close.  When there is unity in the district, everything works out :)

On Sunday, we got to teach gospel doctrine with a 5 minute warning, but it turned out to be a pretty good lesson on baptismal covenants.  I shared a sweet experience of how the gift of the Holy Ghost protected me when I needed it.  It was when I was hiking up a hill at night with a flashlight, but then my friend thought that he needed to shine the flashlight on my path, and right then, I was able to see the rattle snake that I was about to step on.  

Love you! Have an awesome week.

Con amor,
Hermana Findlay

No comments:

Post a Comment