Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Trainer in Harlingen


This week, has been a mix of emotions. To start, last week on Monday I got a call saying that I would be training (meaning I would get a brand new missionary) and that I would be in a whole new area! I thought I wouldn't be training yet.  I am still relatively young on the mission.  

Also, it was really sad to say goodbye to Sister Eggett.  Hopefully we can continue to be friends up at BYU though.  

Anyway, I came down to McAllen, Texas on Wednesday (about a 2 1/2 hour drive) for a training meeting to discover that Sister Schaffner was going to be my new companion! I had a feeling that it was the other sister missionary, but turns out I was wrong.

Anyway, we then discovered that we are in a huge area!! We cover the whole Harlingen zone because we are in the young single adult branch. So, as you can probably imagine, it is pretty stressful.  Luckily, we have been fortunate enough to have a GPS to get around.  However, the first 2 days here, I just felt like there was a big cloud over me because we didn't know where any of the investigators lived and nobody was very nice to us, but Saturday we had a day of miracles.  After biking all over the town, we decided to knock on a random door because we couldn't find the other addresses we were supposed to go to, and they let us in to have a quick lesson.  That almost never happens!

Also, I was able to get to know Sister Schaffner a little better.  She is from Wyoming and she was going to school at BYU-Idaho before the misison studying to be a high school teacher.  She didn't know any Spanish coming out, so that has been fun haha.  

Then, yesterday, we really got a treat.  Elder Holland came to the mission! I got to shake his hand.  He said some very kind remarks to the mission and kept stressing how happy he was that he didn't have to get on us for not staying with our companions or getting up on time.  His main focus was teaching with the spirit.

Love you,
Sister Findlay

P.S. sorry I didn't have a lot of time today

No comments:

Post a Comment