Thursday, April 21, 2016

Another week in Corpus Christi























This week was a great, busy-filled week.  I am starting to feel the Texas heat and humidity more and more now. At least it is still the rainy season, but yesterday, I probably sweat the most I ever have on the Sabbath. Haha.  A member invited us over for dinner, but the thing is that they live outside of our area.  It took about 40 minutes going the fastest I could to their house.  It is a very good thing that both Sister Eggett and I bike pretty fast.

This week, we still didn't see anyone of our investigators make it to church.  It was really sad because we are teaching this little 11 year-old boy and his grandpa, however the little boy, Brandon is really interested, and I don't think the grandpa is.  We taught Brandon about the 2,000 strippling warriors, and when we came back a couple days later, he remembered who the Nephites and the Lamanites and everyone were. He is steller! However, last minute, his grandpa couldn't take him to church :(.  I wish the parents here could just be a little more supportive!

Today has been a really fun day.  We went to the aquarium in Corpus Christi.  We had to go through our district leader, zone leader, and the assistants to get permission, but they eventually said we could go.  I got to see the ocean today! I don't even care if it wasn't that pretty.  Also, we got to see dolphins, sea turtles, starfish, sting rays, jelly fish, and sharks! Pictures to follow.


One day this week, after being sad that many of our appointments had cancelled and being a little discouraged, we knocked on a referral.  Next thing we know, Dawn answers the door and cries out of thankfulness.  Turns out that she has all this guilt from getting into drugs earlier in life, then started an addiction recovery, and cried when we gave her the same card of Jesus Christ that past missionaries had given to her.

Also, this week we were able to give lots of service again.  I got to finish weeding the big field we weeded last week, and we also mowed Pedro's lawn (recent convert).  He is one of my favorite people.  Like a grandpa to me.

Also, another grandpa-like figure that we went and visited was Brother Lopez.  He has an amazing garden with tons of fruit trees and veggies.  He even gave us an entire bag of chard! It was the best.



Also featured in the pictures, are when my whole district did facials together. So funny!


Con amor,
Hermana Findlay

Love You,
Sister Findlay


1 comment:

  1. Sister Findlay,
    I love reading your letters. You have such a great attitude and incredible way about you! I know those people of Texas are so lucky!! We pray for you and think of you often. Happy Hunting!!
    Aunt Gilly

    ReplyDelete