Monday, March 28, 2016

"Christ...loves all of us individually"



This week Faith got baptized!! She is the daughter of Michelle, the lady that got baptized last week.  Also, they were both able to go to the women's broadcast.  I love that we had the chance to baptize this family within a week of each other because the gospel really is meant for families.  That is what I had a spiritual thought on this week.  I shared that with baptizing one person, it's hard for them to stay active in the church, but with bringing a whole family to the waters of baptism, they will be able to stay in it together.

This week some of the funny things that happened were that I sprinted to the same dog that made me fall over on my bike because it's there every time we ride our bikes on that street.  This time, Sister Eggett dared me to run toward it, so I did. It was pretty funny. Haha.

Also, me and Sister Eggett got matching Eyor night gowns. We saw them at Walmart and Sister Eggett was like get one!! So then I did, and we love matching every night now.

Also, this morning, when we got up to exercise, we found a cockroach on Sister Eggett's desk, so then I had this grand idea to put baking soda and baking powder on it to kill it. We did, but those things never die though! It's crazy! It kept moving it's hairy legs everywhere. Gross!  

This week for district meeting, I was assigned to the safety training on biking, so we brought all these old skirts and dresses and made them wear them to bike...they now realize how hard it is to bike in a skirt. 

Also, when we were contacting a door, I said the restaurant name "Guadalajara" and the guy asked me where I was from because I guess I said it really Spanishy.  It's really hard for me to see Sister Tavarez without an accent too.  That's the member we live with. I really feel like I am a white Mexican all the time.

This week, we were able to find a family to teach.  It's really awesome because they have a garden, so we left the lesson with chard, kale, beets, and a dozen eggs. They are a great family, and hopefully they progress.  They kept calling us crazy for being missionaries lol.

It was a great Easter yesterday, and so many people came to church! We have been trying to reactivate a lot in this area, and yesterday, 3 different families came to church, and I think if we keep working with them they will continue to come. I know that Christ lives and loves us.  Even though he could've chosen to free himself from the cross, he still did it because he loves all of us individually.

I challenge all of you this week to read Mosiah 3:19. It took on a whole different meaning when I read the part that says, "willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him." I thought about not giving up and using the Lord whenever we are going through a hard time.


Love you!
Sister Findlay



No comments:

Post a Comment