Monday, March 14, 2016

Corpus Christi



 This week, as some of you know, I was transferred to Corpus Christi in a little town called Annaville.  The day of transfers was pretty crazy because I went to bed at about 11 and woke up at around 4 AM to teach seminary.  It was a little hard to have a good attitude about that because there is already a bunch of stress moving areas.  

After about 4 hours of sitting in the car  with the car packed and no room to stretch my legs, we finally made it.  It was crazy that we were able to fit 5 bikes on a bike rack that is only supposed to have 4.  Then, I arrived in Annaville and found out that my companion was going to be Sister Eggett!!! We were actually in the same ward at BYU, but didn't know each other too well.  I love her so much! Also, guess what!! We are in a bike area!! I love it so much!

The first day here, it was raining cats and dogs with thunder and lightning, but we still went out to work the whole day until we heard the loudest thunder I have ever heard right about 8:30...close to when we were supposed to get home. We both were pretty scared, but it was a great first day.  I loved biking in the rain, and it was a good little temperature change for a little bit.  The good thing about Annaville is that the weather is more mild here..it's not too hot yet, but I am bracing myself for the summer.  Ahh!

We had stake conference this week, so I haven't been able to meet too many of the members so far, but the ones that I have met are really nice. We don't have that many meal appointments, but if we ask, I am sure they would be willing to feed us. I love eating with the members and getting to know them and their families. There are tons of less actives here though, so that is a little hard, but hopefully, we'll be able to change that.

This whole week, we have been working super hard.  I love this area because we are teaching so many people.  People are so prepared here!  Also, this Sunday, we are hopefully having a baptism.  Her name is Michelle, and she is so great.  She just needs an interview, but the first time I met her, she called us "spiritual sisters" in her prayer.  She is so great.

Another thing that is weird here is that pretty much no one knows Spanish. Someone even asked me this week what the "hermana" on my name tag meant haha.  I am still keeping up on my Spanish though talking to my companion, and getting the members that do speak Spanish to only talk to me in Spanish.  I love Sister Eggett, and I love this area.  It is going to be a great transfer!

Love you,
Sister Findlay
Bike Riding in the Rain



It looks like a stream full of fish


No comments:

Post a Comment