Thursday, January 7, 2016

Jesus and Susje




 I feel like I am finally getting used to being a missionary. I learned this week that if you work hard even if you're tired you are a lot happier.  Last night we started teaching a Catholic family.  We taught them about the restoration, and I am excited to teach them again.  They are a really nice family and have 2 kids ages 1 and 13.  It's funny because the kids names are Jesus (Hey Zeus) and Susje (zeus hay) so they just mixed up the letters!

Also, we taught this less active member's girlfriend this week, and she was really interested in our message.  The lesson was so spiritual and full of testimonies.  I love talking with people even if they only have a minute and sharing my testimony that this gospel can bring so much joy to their lives.

I also learned this week that you can have fun on the mission.  Like bowling on Preparation Day with the zone and laughing about the little things.  For example all the sisters went out to lunch together, and the waiter started singing in opera when he delivered our food. So funny!

I have been seeing lots of oranges and wildlife this week.  Here's all the wildlife that I have seen so far: cows, horses, chicken, scary dogs, cool birds. 

I am having fun in doing the work.  I am so grateful that I am here in Texas.  It took me a while to realize that, but I do know it now.  All the people are so nice, the food's great, and my bed is pretty comfy in a pretty nice apartment. 

Love Hermana Findlay



No comments:

Post a Comment