Monday, January 18, 2016

I can do this mission life for a year and a half... I got this!



To Family and Friends,


This week I was given a commitment by my district leader to pray for 15 min on Monday and Tuesday and 30 minutes on Wednesday-Saturday before going to bed.   I was kind of surprised at the commitment, but it was cool to have that long of a conversation with my Heavenly Father.  Sometimes, I admit, I did fall asleep in the prayer, but most of the time I was able to think about what I needed to tell my Heavenly Father and what I needed or what others around me needed.

Also, we had zone exchanges this week.  So fun!! We had a goal of setting 64 baptismal dates, and I honestly didn't know if it was possible because we needed 4 BD's in 2 days, but we did it!! Sis. Moore and I asked everyone we talked to, and we got 4 BD's for my area!! We got lost a couple times because I am used to Sis. Messer knowing the directions to everything, but it was amazing.  Now, I just need to teach them lol.  Also, I read the talk the Challenging and Testifying missionary, and it talked about the importance of inviting everyone.  Nobody is even mean about it here even if they say no, they usually say how they respect me and my invitation.  Sister Moore is such a good missionary, and she taught me so many things.  She gave me a funny commitment to laugh at every door contact, so that has been fun :)

Also, this week I got to teach seminary and primary! The primary class is so wild, but I miss not being with kids!

Also, we were able to have a zone brunch all together, and I got to make the pancakes.  Soo fun!!

We also got to have fun bowling on Monday :)

This week I felt a feeling of peace, like I can do this mission life for a year and a half...I got this!  It was awesome.  I love it hear in Texas.

Love Hermana Findlay


No comments:

Post a Comment