Monday, December 12, 2016

What? Cold in Texas?


Dear Friends and Family,

This week was really really cold, but also it was a really good week.

There was one day that I was in the area of YSA and we taught this lesson to this guy which meant we couldn't even go inside, but we ended up being out there for 45 minutes, and at the end, my feet were completely numb because I just had tights on instead of socks. It felt so weird to go back down the stairs.  But it was really cool because every time there we were talking to someone, it almost felt like it wasn't even cold.  I can't really describe it, but that was such a tender mercy. 

Also, another cool thing that happened was we invited an investigator family over to a member's house for dinner, and right after we extended the invitation to be baptized, that member testified how it changed his life just about 5 years ago and that it took off a weight that he had on and filled it with peace from the gospel of Jesus Christ.  After that, the Mom and the two teenage kids decided to get baptized.  After that lesson, actually the 14 year-old, Daniel, decided that he needed to give both Sister Castro and I a hug hahaha. 

Yesterday, though, they couldn't make it to church because Mary (the mom) had a lot of back pain. We then asked if she would like a blessing and she agreed.  When the elders came and gave her a blessing, she said that she already felt better. It was a really awesome experience. 

This week was also our ward's Christmas party.  My whole district actually got to put on a performance from the song, "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer." I have a video, but I don't know how to send it.  Anyone know how? It was really fun, but also a little embarrassing.  


Another thing that happened was that we got to have interviews with our mission president.  He asked me if I wanted it in English or Spanish, but I didn't know, so then he said, "Well, since your Spanish is almost perfect, you can help me with my English." That was pretty cool.  

A scripture that I read this week that caught my attention was in Mosiah 3:5-8.  It's about the Atonement.  It is really cool.  

Love you,
Sister Findlay

No comments:

Post a Comment