Monday, September 12, 2016

Miracle Week




Dear Family and Friends,

This week God just felt like blessing us so much.  Before I came into this area, the most new investigators they found was about 5 (meaning teaching them something and setting up a return appointment).  This week, however, we found 16!!! It definitely wasn't me doing that...some weeks, people are very receptive.  The thing that I have to think of now is them being in all white for their baptism.  It doesn't stop there either! I want them to be sealed in the temple and do all they can to return to live with our Heavenly Father who loves each and every one of us.  The part that I have to remember too, is that only one person came to church...I mean it was stake conference at a different time and a different meeting place, but dropping comes just as fast as finding when they don't act.  A lot of people, though, are reading the pamphlets we give them and are praying though!  One family that we found is named Didi and Victoria.  It was fortunate that I was on an exchange with Sister Hortal (look at the pictures) that day and she used to be in this area.  Anyway, she remembered teaching them before, but funny thing was that they didnt remember her, and we were a little hesitant asking her if she has listened to the misisonaries before.  She is fluent in Spanish because her parents are from Argentina and her Spanish is so pretty!! I made her practice with me throughout the day.


Another exchange I went on was with Sister Sanchez.  Our first appointment was with one of their less actives named Billy and he made the grossest chicken fried steak ever! Good thing he was just at the right angle for me to fold my paper plate over and pretend like I ate it..  The next day, when I was fasting, we biked for a whole hour to get to one person's house.  I had no idea how long it would take, but man, was I sweaty when we got to the less active's house!

This week, at stake conference, Elder Sitati came from the quorum of the seventy.  It's kind of bad, but now, when I see leaders of the church, I usually think it's pretty normal.  It was really cool because he addressed the audience and asked if they had any questions.  One question was "How can we be happy in the refiners fire?" Then he answered with if we have charity, the pure love of Christ, we will be happy.  It is so true.  Whenever I have a bad week, I think of if I had charity that week or not, and it is usually a no on bad weeks.

I love you all! I am so thankful for the restored gospel and the Priesthood keys we have on the earth today!

Con amor,
Hermana Findlay





No comments:

Post a Comment